Interesting language comparison article [OT]

Hasan Aljudy hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 08:11:12 PST 2006

Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
> How in the world can you write code efficiently with a mouse?  If I had
> to use my mouse with any sort of frequency, it would probably halve my
> efficiency right there.  Then again, I've gotten comments about my speed
> before.
>
> I did a lot of programming in DOS.  It's all about knowing your
> keyboard.  I don't even have to worry about saving anymore, it's a
> knee-jerk reaction - I just hit Alt-F-S every then and again like some
> people breathe.  Do you use your mouse for that too?
>
> And even back then, there were editors that handled tabs well - but none
> that handled italics.  It's not that hard to get right, some people just
> don't try anymore these days.
>
> -[Unknown]

I wasn't talking about coding, but about browing.
I always hit ctrl-s subcounciously, even more, I always hit ctrl-a
ctrl-c when I post anything on the net.

I was talking about "browsing" code.
If you know your shortcuts, you should also know that ctrl-arrow takes
you to the next word aotumatically, no matter how many spaces/tabs there
are. I've seen work in DOS too.