is questions

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 16:49:14 PST 2006

John Reimer wrote:
> It's a little unusual, but both are useful.  The first is to fix
> equality tests on objects (you can't use '==' test on objects; you must
> use 'is', which used to be '===').  The second adds more compile time
> tricks and goes along nicely with 'static if' and 'template'.  I did
> find 'is()' to be a little confusing when I first discovered it.  I
> think 'is()' used to be in another form, but I can't remember what it was.

I remember the === thing being changed to is, but I was more of a
spectator of the language at that point in time. I didn't realize there
were two different meanings to is.

I can see the usefulness, it's the unusualness that sort of caught me. D
definitely has some nice features, but the language can just be so odd
at times.

I think I shall call it Dodd :)

...hmm, so the language to "fix" D would then be Even? Or maybe Dnormal?