GC implementation

Frank Benoit frank at nix.de
Sat Mar 18 10:53:25 PST 2006

The intention of the GC is, to disburden the programmer from the whole
memory management. He only has to care about setting unused references
to null. And he can rely on the collector to find unused memory chunks.
But now it turns out, that this is not true.

So, If I want to rely on the GC, this is a show stopper for me.

A large piece of audio data in GC heap can completly currupt the GC.
If i only have a few integer variable this risk is extremly low, but it
is not gone.
So, how many variable are allowed, until we have to call it a show stopper?

Sorry, for being so pedantic.

FrankBenoit
keinfarbton