Support for C header files in D

Lionello Lunesu lio at remove.lunesu.com
Mon Mar 20 06:08:56 PST 2006

Hi again,

This has been mentioned before but I can't find any final word on the
matter:

<legalese>
Seeing how D is ABI compatible with C and also the huge amount of useful C
libraries in existence; also noting the amount of time needed to translate C
header files, and keeping them up-to-date as new versions come out; finally
observing that the creator of D has a vast experience in writing C
compilers, and the fact that the D compiler and C compiler of the
aformentioned share some program code,
</legalese>

Why not enable dmd to "import" C header files directly?

L.

PS. sorry about the legalese. Had to write some official docs for a
residents permit, and I'm starting the enjoy the language : )