No more implicit conversion real->complex?!

Norbert Nemec Norbert at Nemec-online.de
Mon Mar 20 12:40:21 PST 2006

I just notice that as of D 0.150, implicit conversion from
real/imaginary to complex does not work any more. I could not make out
the message containing the suggestion by Don Clugston, so I'm not sure
about the rationale.

In any case: if this conversion does not work implicitely any more, I
wonder whether I understand the rule which conversions do? real->complex
is possible without ambiguities or loss of information. Why not make it
implicit?

I think this is an important issue: in numerics, mixing of real and
complex values happens all the time, therefore it should be as simple as
possible.