What's happening at dsource?

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Mon Mar 20 08:14:50 PST 2006

Brad Anderson wrote:

> Johan Granberg wrote:

>>> Bottom of the list - someone could always revive code, so I don't want
>>> to remove any.
>>

>> Could it bee posible to put the dead project on a separat page labeld
>> abandoned projects or somthing. his could greatly unclutter the site.
>
> I think you'll have filtering / sorting / searching options, so you could
> eliminate them if you'd like.  I will also attempt to store these settings
> per user, so when you return, you'll still have the abandoned ones hidden.
>
> BA

This sounds like a bad idea to me.

Me: "Yeah, the GDB-Patches project is on dsource.org.... I see it right
there!"

User:"It's on there on my screen... I don't get it!"

In general, I prefer webpages to have the same content for each user to
avoid issues like the above.  It would also be nice to have a "ping"
feature for the abandonware.  For instance, I don't commit to gdb-patches
very often, but the patch still works.  Even if I don't make a commit for a
month or two, the patch is still useful.  It'd be nice if dsource.org sent
me a message telling me that it's about to make gdb-patches abandonware and
gave me the option of preventing that action.

~John Demme