D vs Java

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:37:41 PST 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:
> ...  Though it's worth mentioning that one of the
> motivating factors in my decision is which OS has the best games ;-)

Yeah, that was tough for me. I left Windows for Linux about two years
ago, but there are a few benefits. One, I spend more time programming
now then on games. Which is good because I need to make some demos or
games so I can get hired by (or start) a game company. And two, the
windows platform is saturated with games, whereas Mac and Linux could
use some help (so it might be easier to break into the market there).

My only problem with Linux is that most people expect free software, and
there isn't really an easy way to distribute paid software (and
packaging software seems like a pain). So hopefully I'll be getting a
Mac soon. Only no dmd... doh!