D vs Java

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Tue Mar 21 04:40:26 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> These are a lot of very interesting observations that never occurred
> to me.
>
> Are you teaching D as a first language, or just thinking about it?

In 2000 I was _dragged_ out of the university, to do Java development.
When I left, I told everyone on the department that I'll be back unless
I get rich quick. Now I'm [more than] toying with the idea that I'll go
back to teaching, and get my Ph.D. on the side.

Additionally I am collecting material and doing research on
"Introduction to Programming, Using D". Vol 1 would be a general
introduction to stuff that every first year CS student should know, and
Vol 2 would contain advanced stuff for the second and third year.

(I'm still catching my breath after the divorce, but it's downright
likely that's where I'll be once I get half a grip.)