D vs Java

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Tue Mar 21 06:37:22 PST 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>
> So until D is much more stable, I think Phobos should be kept static.

What I'd love is statically linked D programs where only the used parts
of the library are linked in. IIRC, Turbo Pascal used to do that.

> My first programming language ever was HyperTalk, believe it or not.

Not a bad language at all to start with. And an excellent one for
somebody learning on their own. With HyperTalk one was up and productive
in no time at all. (In 1985 I earned money doing HyperTalk stuff.)