D vs Java

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Mar 21 07:11:03 PST 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:

>> My first programming language ever was HyperTalk, believe it or not.
>
> Not a bad language at all to start with. And an excellent one for
> somebody learning on their own. With HyperTalk one was up and productive
> in no time at all. (In 1985 I earned money doing HyperTalk stuff.)

It's still around "in spirit", even if Apple _slowly_ killed HyperCard:

http://www.runrev.com/, commercial products from Runtime Revolution Ltd
Even reads HyperCard: http://support.runrev.com/resources/hypercard.php

Just haven't had any reason to use it, as people tend to prefer to have
their development done using the inferior products available elsewhere ?

Same reason why I am not doing development with WebObjects or OPENSTEP.
And a big reason why I prefer Open Source, as it is less likely to die.

--anders