D vs Java

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Tue Mar 21 10:05:57 PST 2006

In article <dvpdvd$qpk$1 at digitaldaemon.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jari-Matti_M=E4kel=E4?= says...

>Anders F Björklund wrote:
>
>> Of course, then you also need to make sure that the receiving end of
>> those programs have the correct version of runtime library installed,
>> something that is a Huge Pain for distributing C++ programs on Linux...
>
>void fix() {
>  if (user.experiencing == HugePainWithLibraries) {
>    auto GentooLinux = download(www.gentoo.org/stage3);
>    try {
>      user.install(GentooLinux);
>    }
>    catch(TinyEmergeProblem p) {
>      GentooBugzilla.report(p);
>      wait();
>      emerge(sync);
>      continue install;
>    }
>  }
>  // done, user happy
>}
>

>--
>Jari-Matti

You wouldn't happen to have a system like this would you:

Gentoo Linux 2005.1 stage 3, gentoo-sources-2.6.13-r5, Reiserfs

Running a P4?

If so, please e-mail me at godaves #at# yahoo #dot# com. I'm trying to isolate
some odd problems that I can't reproduce anywhere else.

Thanks,

- Dave