D vs Java [OT: Ubuntu]

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:05:10 PST 2006

Dave wrote:
> How do you like Ubuntu, say, compared to Fedora Core 4 if you've used that?
>
> (I'm past the stage where I want to compile kernel modules, etc. to install a
> *nix system, so how is the setup routine?).

Setup for Ubuntu is pretty easy (and the new dapper is nice). Compared
to Fedora 4 I like it better just because I've always had a problem
their RPM and updates (somehow I could always break them), but maybe
they've got better? Ubuntu is nice though.

I'm kinda torn though because I don't like the whole 6 month release
thing (which is why I run Ubuntu alphas). So Gentoo would be nice. But
at the same time I don't want to spend a lot of time compiling, well
unless it's my programs.