D Mascot

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Tue Mar 21 17:45:56 PST 2006

In article <dvq8qk$1tgq$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Jarrett Billingsley says...

>"pragma" <pragma_member at pathlink.com> wrote in message
>news:dvq6bi$1qsl$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>> Well, judging by the frappr D group map, leaning towoards a more global
>> appeal
>> (read: less US centric) would be a better move.  You mentioned Rugby -
>> maybe D
>> should adopt a more football* or rugby club-banner type of branding
>> instead?
>>
>> "Learn D - Its like C only with fewer scrums."
>> "Use D - unlike C++ and FIFA approved equipment, it won't hurt your head."
>
>That'd just put off American programmers, then.  What is a scrum?

Eh, they're just tounge-in-cheek ideas just like the rest of the slogans I've
posted around here.  The way I see it: if something funny sticks, all the
better. ;)

Now "Scrum", in this particular case, is a pun:

- In rugby football, a scrum is a way to restart the game after an interruption,
e.g., after a minor foul.
- In management, scrum denotes a light-weight management process targeted at
software development.

>And then even Walter wouldn't know what his advertising slogan meant ;)
>
>How about a non-sports-related slogan / logo?

Hey, sure!  Any ideas?

- EricAnderton at yahoo