D Mascot

kris foo at bar.com
Tue Mar 21 19:37:53 PST 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> kris wrote:
>
>> I hate to say it, but D-dude doesn't add anything at all in terms of
>> "professionalism" ~ to D as a product. Perhaps the contrary, actually.
>> For me, D-dude has always had a waft of, umm, shallow hubris? But then
>> I just ignore brandings anyway.
>

> I always liked the parts where he's "in action"
> Like http://www.digitalmars.com/gift/index.html
>
> D-Man has the "I'm too busy coding to look good"
> Wonder if the cutesy dog can do any hacking ? :-)

Hey! Maybe D should stands for something instead of, uhhh, nothing?

Now, whoever heard of a language called "Dude"?  Woah ... that's way
awesome! Like, totally bodacious, dude!

Seriously though, that does have rather a nice ring to it. And, from a
marketing perspective, there's nothing quite like standing out from the
crowd. Then, the D-dude would totally Rool!

In conversation, I'm gonna' start calling it "Dude" ~ just to see what
external reactions are like <g>