Slogan/catchphrase for D?

kris foo at bar.com
Wed Mar 22 02:50:22 PST 2006

Rioshin an'Harthen wrote:
> "Lionello Lunesu" <lio at remove.lunesu.com> wrote in message
> news:dvr53k$5fq$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>
>>>1) Power, Performance, Productivity
>>
>>Is it too late to change the name to "P programming language"?
>

> Which, by the way, would be the next letter of the "BCPL" language...
> BCPL -> B -> C

Good point!

Not to be a party-pooper, but I got the impression that catchphrases are
a bit 80's? Does anyone buy into that type of pitch anymore? I mean,
when was the last time you swallowed a line like "Power, Performance,
Productivity" from an eager and straight-faced salesperson?

Isn't is considered more effective nowadays to choose a memorable and/or
non-geeky primary name? Something like Amber, Wilson, Laguna, or, uhhh,
Dude?

An alternative would be to combine something retro with something new:
perhaps a resurgent pseudo-hip phrase like "get it on!" might work? It's
reasonably low key, fun, and works great in conjunction with a name ~

"Get it on, with Amber!"

Well, perhaps that combination isn't so great

:-p