D vs Java

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Wed Mar 22 08:42:53 PST 2006

Don Clugston wrote:

> Now, he's quite knowledgeable, but I'd love to prove him wrong on this
> one. I find it hard to believe that it would be impossible. I guess the
> question is, will the subset of functionality that works be sufficient
> to be useful? I guess we won't know until the ELF side is working.

Heh, that would be cool. Hmm, drat, I'm the one supposed to do the ELF
part... well, I'll get to it still. As for for cross-OS compatibility, it
would have been easier if COFF still were widely used in the unix world,
ELF is a totally different beast regarding datastructures and link
semantics. But I will plug at it again soon now, DDL might even get some
"professional" attention from me ;)