Java, C#, VM Performance and Benchmarks [OT]

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 11:49:13 PST 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:
> Lucas Goss wrote:
>> Hasan Aljudy wrote:
>>
>>> I was thinking, maybe a game engine can be a killer D app. It can
>>> demonstrate both the high performance and maintainability advantage
>>> that D provides.
>>

>> Working on it...
>
> where?

At my house :)

I don't have a website yet but google pages might help me out there. The
engine is still in a very early planning/coding phase, and isn't in a
working condition yet as I've got a lot of base code work to do and I
was needing the X headers (since I'm on linux).

My original design was based off of:
http://www.geometrictools.com/

Which is the design OGRE was based off of. But I've always had in the
back of my mind to go with the approach done by:
http://openscenegraph.org/

I'm open to joining others on their engine instead of doing my own, but
a lot of them don't seem to be active. Well maybe in a month or so I
might have something to show, depends on how much overtime I have to
work at my real job.