Slogan/catchphrase for D?

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Wed Mar 22 12:10:49 PST 2006

"pragma" <pragma_member at pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dvs65b$1dee$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> How about: D - Work smarter, not harder.
> ?

It's too vague. Remember the Java one - "write once, run everywhere"? That
was very effective. Need something like that for D.

C++'s catchphrase was originally "C with Classes", and later "A better C."

Andrei sent me a list of what pops in his head when he thinks about a
language:
--------------------
1. FORTRAN. "First high-level language for scientific computing"
2. LISP. "Lambda. Garbage collection. S-expressions."
3. C. "Portable, efficient assembler. Systems programming"
4. C++. "Multiparadigm"
5. Perl. "Regular expressions. String manipulation."
6. Java. "Virtual Machine (= Write Once, ...). Safety."
7. Smalltalk. "Pure object-oriented."
8. Haskell. "Functional. Type inference."
9. Eiffel. "Contracts."

"A better C++" - don't want to copy Bjarne
"C++ reloaded" - too hollywood
"C++ version 2" - <g>
"C++ - we can rebuilt it, we have the technology" - 6 million dollar mannish
"C++ streamlined" - ?