DMD v1.0 (again)

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Wed Mar 22 07:42:36 PST 2006

Kyle Furlong wrote:

> Why don't we try and be definitive about what needs to get done before a
> 1.0 release? Walter may contribute his list as well. (this is really what
> I'm looking for) <g>

With the recent DMD 0.150 Release I think there are four things that need to
be done before 1.0:

-Linux debugging symbols-- well... maybe not, but it needs to be there
before I can really start hawking D  ;)

-Plaster all the documentation with recommendations to try Ares + Mango as
an alternative to Phobos and instructions on how to do this. (I don't want
to spark a debate on Mango vs Phobos, but I want Mango + Ares advertised as
an option.)  In the final packaging, it might be a good idea to include
some popular D packages such as Mango + Ares, and Derek's build. (Also DDL,
once it's done)

-Linux shared object support

This one's the most important one:
-Anything with which Walter is not ABSOLUTELY satisfied with or believes to
be a hack MUST be dealt with before 1.0.  Now's your last chance to make
changes which could break code, Walter... the bit vs bool change is a good
example.

I think we're getting close, but maybe I'm just really happy about the new
interface stuff.

~John Demme