D vs Java

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Wed Mar 22 22:04:13 PST 2006

Well, what you can do is wait for the game to get old, and then release
the source.  You won't lose much doing that, but others will gain from
the source and that will feed back to you.

I'm not saying anything about your coding skills!  I just mean it as a
warning: some people these days are not good coders, and they get
completely shown up when they try to do open source.  A lot of
closed-source programmers could never make it in open source.

But, then, there's always people who will use crappy code, because they
don't know or don't care.  But it causes problems.

But as I said, as long as you know what you're getting into, it's cool.
  Forum software, which I did a lot of, is rough because security and
functionality constantly fight each other.  XSS is really a hard thing
to master.  Games don't have to worry about these things as much.

Hopefully my comments are of some help to you :).

Thanks,
-[Unknown]