DMD v1.0 (again)

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Thu Mar 23 06:40:17 PST 2006

Kyle Furlong wrote:
> Why don't we try and be definitive about what needs to get done before a
> 1.0 release? Walter may contribute his list as well. (this is really
> what I'm looking for) <g>

Not much more for the language, I reckon. Anything that will break code.
* AFAIK, the only new feature that needs to be done is the change to
RAII syntax.
* Rounding out a few of the recent features, especially IFTI.
* Deprecate all undesirable features. I hope that this includes implicit
declaration of printf, and reckless use of the comma operator.
* No bugs in bugzilla of 'normal' or higher severity.

(In practice, I'm now finding the biggest annoyance with the compiler is
the way it dumps reams of incorrect error messages when it encounters a
template any time after the first error).

Of course, the library's a different story...