B# language for embedded development. And as a D competitor

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Thu Mar 23 13:18:15 PST 2006

In article <dvv16o$250d$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, kris says...

>BTW: What do you think about the B# get|set design?

(I know this wasn't exactly an open question, but...)

I think it's a bit like the 'readonly' proposal, warmed over.  Its basically the
same thing as adding some attributes to get the job done in D:

readonly ubyte foo; // read-only
writable readonly ubyte foo; // default
writable ubyte foo; // write-only (mostly useless unless we have a 'register'
construct similar to B#)

IMO, the {get; set; } syntax just doesn't seem to jive with D to me.

- EricAnderton at yahoo