Slogan/catchphrase for D?

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Thu Mar 23 14:10:33 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> "Wolfgang Draxinger" <wdraxinger at darkstargames.de> wrote in message
> news:dvu1pr$rpl$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> If you could  sum up the essence of D in a "high concept", what
>>> would it be?
>> It's like C++, just better.
>>
>>> 4) C's dead, Jim.
>> C++'s dead, Jim.
>>
>> Come on, pure C isn't a bad language,
>
> Et tu, D? Then fall, C! -- Julius C

I couldn't resist:

"A D by any other name would smell as sweet?"

"What a piece of work is D! How noble in design! how infinite in
flexibility!"

"Elegance, thy name is D!"

"The code's to C wherein you'll find the elegance of D."

"The better part of D is (garbage) collection."

"But, for my own part, it was C to me."

"My Java days, when I was green in judgment."

"Out of the jaws of C."

"This D's a razor to my shoddy code."

"The course of fast code never did run in a VM."

And some Milton for fun:

"Things unattempted yet in code or script."

"To code C++ is miserable, doing or suffering."

"Who casts by force, hath overcome but half his code."

Sean