All this talk about 1.0 makes me worried.

Stewart Gordon Stewart_member at pathlink.com
Mon Mar 27 12:00:55 PST 2006

In article <e073o0$1q8p$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Bruno Medeiros says...

> All this talk about 1.0 (and other stuff like slogans) makes me
> worried.  People talk as if D nearing completion: There is
> occasionally threads about the coming or even requesting the
> release of 1.0; In a recent
> post(news://news.digitalmars.com:119/dvuc0r$19t3$1@digitaldaemon.com)
> Don Clugston comments that what's left for 1.0 is "Not much more"
> and enumerates just a few items remaining; Other people also don't
> mention much more items; And we have people finding slogans for D
> mentioning about it's uber greatness and simplicity and whatnot; ...
>
> Am I the only one to find that (even besides the library) there is
> still a long way for D to go?

Certainly not.  You've pretty much taken the words out of my mouth.
There are enough bugs and enough places where the spec needs to be
cleaned up.

If you haven't noticed already, then I started the pending peeves a
while ago.  It started as my personal list, but soon turned into a
list for anybody to contribute to.  It pretty much speaks for itself
on how far from ready for 1.0 we are.

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?PendingPeeves

Stewart.