Proposal: Operator overloading without temporaries

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Mon Mar 27 13:58:25 PST 2006

Charles wrote:
> Wow looks good ... too good.  How could this have gone
> un[noticed|implemented] in the  last 20 years ?  I'm anxious to here
> Walters take.

I have a feeling this may be a lot more difficult in C++ because of
ADL--there are simply a lot more functions to be evaluated when building
expression trees.  Also, the standard doesn't seem to consider things
from a compiler writer's perspective, which this three-value code
optimization requires.

Sean