Allocating many object, my Fault

Andrew Fedoniouk news at terrainformatica.com
Tue Mar 28 10:53:45 PST 2006

"ZZ" <ZZ at zz.com> wrote in message news:e0ba8l$20k5$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>> By the way:
>> SGML tokenizer (aka HTML/XML pull parser) in Harmonia is
>> capable to scan 30mb XML file in one second. It depends on hardware but
>> order of magnitude is like this.
>> It does not allocate any memory while parsing.
>>
>> Andrew.
> Just looked at it briefly and I noticed that Scanner seems to only take in
> a string. Do you plan on adding a file stream as input?

If you need to scan file then you can use MMFile.
module harmonia.io.mmfile;
( http://harmonia.terrainformatica.com )

or the one from phobos.

For stream parsing you need to create your own scanner and override

StreamScanner:Scanner
{
   get_char()
   switch_input()
   currentFragment() (optional, error reporting)
}