(mostly) Windows Free

Wolfgang Draxinger wdraxinger at darkstargames.de
Tue Mar 28 13:36:09 PST 2006

pragma wrote:

> It hasn't taken very long at all to adjust, and I already have the DMD
> toolchain
> running on my laptop (thanks Walter).  I'll post again after I try getting
> the AMD64 version to run on my desktop, as I'm eager to see if there are
> any issues with DMD and/or GDC in that environment.

I've got a AMD64 for one month now, and beside the fact, that DMD/GDC have
no 64 Bit support yet (something I hope we have soon) there are no real
problems. The only thing you need are all system libraries installed in an
additional 32 Bit version, e.g. in /usr/lib32 or /usr/local/lib32.

You can't use DMD for linkage then though, but must use "gcc -m32" or an
eventually installed gcc32 alias for this.

I'm currently developing a realtime stratic game engine with such an
configuration (after I got OpenGL, SDL, OpenAL and cairo bindings from
dsource working, cairo4d required a few changes for Linux support) and had
no major problems yet (except the lack of D support in kdevelop and
gdc ;-))

Greetings

Wolfgang Draxinger