Windows woes

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Wed Mar 29 09:25:45 PST 2006

In article <e0eant$65v$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Sean Kelly says...

>MS seems to be built on the idea of finding the most complex solution
>possible for simple problems.  Sometimes I think they do it so they can
>farm out contract work.

Its funny you mention that.  I was watching a program on the history of the
space station this morning; it went through the Russian and American programs
and compared them side-by-side over the decades.

To paraphrase: "The Russians tended to devise the simplest possible solution to
a problem and then never change it except when needed.  In constrast, the
Americans tended to create the most sophisticated solution possible so that in
theory it could never break; they would revise and improve upon those solutions
only after they were proven to work."

The similarities between this and the OS wars just floored me.  Your mention of
contract work around Windows just takes the cake. :)

- EricAnderton at yahoo