Windows woes

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Wed Mar 29 15:27:46 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> The bug with the Windows home directories, and why I don't use them, is
> they insist on putting spaces in the directory names. This hoses us
> command line users.

It's possible to move home directories with a bit of hacking, though
some programs do seem to hard-code path names when they shouldn't.  I
tried renaming "Program Files" as well, but with less success.  Even MS
apps seem to expect stuff to live there no matter what the registry
says.  Ultimately, I just gave up on the whole experiment as too
complicated to be worthwhile.

Sean