Windows woes

Bruno Medeiros daiphoenixNO at SPAMlycos.com
Thu Mar 30 03:18:25 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> 3) If you're writing an app, don't require it to be reinstalled if Windows
> is reinstalled. DM programs don't need to be. Store your configuration in
> some text file that can be saved/restored. Please!

I totally agree. I never got why applications feel compelled to use the
registry all the time, and I abhor those who pollute the system by
unnecessarily installing dlls and whatnot on the system.
If someone thinks that's only practical for small/simple apps, I point
them to the fine example of Eclipse.

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student