Missing version(Unix). Again.

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Mon May 1 11:22:10 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:

> I'm not really sure why Ares changed the name from Unix to Posix,
> surely there was a good reason for doing it differently from GDC ?
> "Unix", see http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D.gnu/1212
> (hope it doesn't mean that we need *three* versions, in the above)

"POSIX" is an API spec, while "UNIX" is merely a generic term for some
systems that implement that spec.  I thought it made more sense to say
whether your OS supported the API and leave OS-specific stuff to what's
actually OS-specific (in sys/*).  Admittedly, sys/linux/c still contains
a bunch of stuff that's actually a part of POSIX, but I'm trying to
phase it out as it's implemented in the POSIX headers.

Sean