Today the Hobbyist, Tommorow, The World!

David Gileadi foo at bar.com
Wed May 3 08:54:26 PDT 2006

nick wrote:
 >> What we need is a dprogramming.com marketing site, with examples,
 >> tutorials, a beginniner package, and flashy stuff.
 >
 > I will donate an existing layout or make a new one.

Here's a mockup I've started, having been thinking much along the same
lines as Kyle.  It's loosely based on www.mono-project.com  Hopefully it
can help the discussion.

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mockup5ey.jpg (forgive the
imageshack hosting)

Obviously the front page needs a lot more content.  I was thinking that
the "What is D?" section should have links to the following:

   - Comparison
   - Examples
   - Docs
   - License

I also think there should be a small section before or after giving a
quick explanation of what D is, why I should use it, maybe what
platforms it works on, etc.

The "What's New" section might contain the latest releases from the
changelog as well as any community announcements (maybe culled from
d.announce).  Of course this would require someone to maintain the list :)

Finally I beg Walter's forgiveness for modifying the DigitalMars logo.
I just think it looks better this way :)

-Dave