Future of D

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Wed May 3 18:44:55 PDT 2006

Ook wrote:
> I was directed here form comp.lang.c++ while asking about the future of c++.
> What is the future of D? Where is it going? Is this likely to be The Next
> Big thing? I had not heart much about D until recently, so don't really know
> how big it is or is likely to be.

I've been following things since late 2004 and it seems to me to have
been gaining momentum ever since, but especially over the last couple of
months. There seems to have been a lot of activity and "new faces" (new
posters to this NG) recently.

For what they're worth:

http://www.tiobe.com/
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=all

http://dsource.org/ is in the early stages of a cosmetic redesign from
what I gather, but that is sort-of the place to find libraries and such.

Give D a try!