Future of D

Kyle Furlong kylefurlong at gmail.com
Wed May 3 23:15:10 PDT 2006

Ook wrote:
> I was directed here form comp.lang.c++ while asking about the future of c++.
> What is the future of D? Where is it going? Is this likely to be The Next
> Big thing? I had not heart much about D until recently, so don't really know
> how big it is or is likely to be.

Its an exciting time around here recently. As posted before, we recently
ascended to the #19th spot on the tiobe survey. Also, the compiler is
becoming more feature complete and stable with each new release, which
have been coming quite regularly, about once or twice a month.

One link I think that hasn't been posted is, http://dstress.kuehne.cn.
Which is a stress test suite for the D compiler(s). If you look at the
trends, the compiler has been getting more and more conformant/stable.

--
Kyle Furlong // Physics Undergrad, UCSB

"D is going wherever the D community wants it to go." - Walter Bright