Today the Hobbyist, Tommorow, The World!

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 23:35:50 PDT 2006

nick wrote:
>> I threw together a very quick mockup in html/css and just copy pasted
>> some content into that shell. It could looks tons better with more than
>> 15 minutes worth of work:
>>
>> http://hcoop.net/~natamas/random/tabs.png
>
> Had a bit more time so I followed up on that previous layout(Try
> changing the font size: ctrl+wheel.):
>
> http://hcoop.net/~natamas/d/template.html

Wow! Very cool. I especially like the C++ and D "watermarks" in the code
sections.

> I'll admit it up front, there is 1 table in there so that I don't have
> to do any crazy CSS hacks.
>
> Any criticism? (too dark, D too big, etc.)

I may be the only one, but I still think the D is too large. It bothers
me to see so much empty space at the top of the page. It means I'd have
to do that much more scrolling to read a page. :(

Maybe it could at least be moved to the left and have something useful
placed beside it.

> Anyone interested in using something like this?

Yes, I think it's a good candidate for the official Digital Mars website
and/or Wiki4D.

--
jcc7