Today the Hobbyist, Tommorow, The World!

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Thu May 4 05:27:23 PDT 2006

Dave wrote:

> An idea for whatever the style outcome - post a link to something like
> this somewhere, or otherwise a "Sample Code" page. The idea would be to
> provide people in a hurry (a) nice short example(s) showing some of the
> primary D features. For example, I would think this would be something
> C++ coders could quickly scan and be intrigued by:

(Excellent demo code deleted.)

Yes, that's an excellent idea!!

And your code looked very good. This is probably the best way to give a
seasoned C++ guy a heavy-duty teaser, and make him drool. All within 60
seconds. Definitely more efficient than reams of explanations and
superlatives. And more believable than any "who gets most ticks in a
contrived comparison chart".

Absolutely a link to this from David Giledis draft!