X window systems

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 16:01:38 PDT 2006

freeagle wrote:
> Hello
>
> i was trying to look into a X programming in linux, i found a D
> translation of pure X, but no Xlib. Could anyone point me to any if it
> exists? Or to a decent pure X programming tutorial? all the tutorials on
> the web seems to based at least on Xlib. Id like to look more into a
> OpenGl cross-platform GUI library making, and Terra.

Everything I've found needs Xlib as well. I don't remember exactly but I
think Terra actually implements some of the Xlib functionality into the
X11.d?

I actually started translating the X headers, but they're not finished
so I hadn't submitted them to d bindings. However I do have X, XLib,
XUtil, and Keysym with two simple examples, one example of X by itself
and one with OpenGL. Ah... I forgot about the license. I just put a
generic license on the files, but I'm sure it's not explicit enough.
They are free to change and do whatever you want with and I'll change
them some time soon to... um, something like the MIT, BSD, or
zlib/libpng... any suggestions?

Anyways, files are here: http://lgoss007.googlepages.com/dprogramming

Lucas