Today the Hobbyist, Tommorow, The World!

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Fri May 5 00:33:06 PDT 2006

nick wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>
>>Try this for a great show of the potential of CSS and separation of
>>content and presentation:
>>http://www.csszengarden.com/
>
> Actually most(all?) of the css designs on that site go against the point
> of CSS, which is that websites should "flow".  You can resize my layout
> and it will remain readable. If you change the font
> size(ctrl+mouse_wheel), everything just gets bigger but stays pretty
> much the same (except the big D).

How true!

There is however a psychological problem. Seems a lot of people actually
feel that a fixed-size layout "looks" more professional. Which I
completely disagree with, of course. As a computer professional, I tend
to (agreeing with you) think that a layout that "flows" and still looks
good in any size, is the top of professionalism.