Today the Hobbyist, Tommorow, The World!

Deewiant deewiant.doesnotlike.spam at gmail.com
Fri May 5 00:54:22 PDT 2006

nick wrote:

>>> Other than that, the layout's quite good. <g>
>> Thank you for the constructive criticism.
>
> I made some changes. Thoughs? Do you think it's good enough?
>
> http://hcoop.net/~natamas/d/template.html

Definitely better, in my opinion. You changed the location of the 'D' in a
different way than what I was thinking of, which is why you didn't need the
tables, but what you did actually seems better than my thoughts, so kudos for that.

The stuff in the footer (Home, News, Products, About, Contact, And other things
that belong at the bottom) doesn't show up too well, I almost missed them
completely. The black background is too dark IMO.

<nitpick>

Still doesn't validate. Too bad about IE's box model.

Without images, the visited links in the top menu (the tabs) have too little
contrast against the dark background. I'd suggest changing their
background-color as well as background-url.

Every other CSS class/id actually has meaning except for the two in the new
title: class="bright" and class="dark". It's so rare to find a site that
actually does this correctly that I'd really like to have it done: just rename
them to something like "title_d" and "title_prog" or whatever, I think you know
what I mean.

That title should be a <h1> instead of a <div>. Slap on display:block and it
should work the same, but the page will be more semantically correct.

I'm not sure if this is of much importance any longer, but the page is a bit too
wide for an 800x600 resolution, at least with the default font styles - one can
always make fonts smaller to make it fit better, but it might still be annoying.
The minimum viewport width to display the page in Firefox without a horizontal
scrollbar seems to be 896 pixels.

</nitpick>