D Online Presence

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 12:07:43 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> nick wrote:
>> The thread "Today the Hobbyist, Tommorow, The World!" seems to have
>> drawn a group of people interested in improving the online presence of
>> D. I read many reassuring posts and decided to create a new thread
>> specifically for the purpose of improving the online presence of D.
>>
>> Ideally D's online presence would be centralized. It would be approved
>> and supported by Walter. Perhaps what we need is an "official" D site;
>> one that would replace http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ (only with Walter's
>> blessings, naturally).
>
> What's wrong with www.digitalmars.com/d/ as an official site?

I think nick is concerned about D seeming like a hobby of Digital Mars
rathan than a significant language in its own right. I think it's a
valid point.

It looks good when a language has an official (or official-looking)
website. Such as these examples for some other languages:

http://www.java.com/
http://www.php.net/
http://www.python.org/
http://www.ruby-lang.org/