D Online Presence

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Sat May 6 16:30:58 PDT 2006

nick wrote:
> Yes, and the layout also does not resize with the window. Even worse, it
> breaks completely when you change font size. It is unacceptable.

I agree. My father has low vision, and he's hardly unique. So he needs
to be able to boost the font size.

Any layout that:

1) does not work with user font size changes

2) does not allow user resizing of the windows

3) is not accessible to those using screen readers

4) uses a specified font size, rather than a relative size

5) has colors that would be difficult for color blind people to
distinguish (I'm no expert on this, but I think it means that the
difference between foreground and background colors should include an
intensity difference, not just a color difference)

is not acceptable.

Also, serif fonts are less readable on bitmapped displays. The fonts
should be sans-serif, like Arial or Helvetica.