Logo sketches for D

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Sat May 6 17:05:52 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> pmoore wrote:
>> Walter Bright says...
>>>
>>> I'm curious, why?
>>
>> Because there is nothing more likely to make your website look cheap and
>> amateurish than an animated gif logo. Or wav sound effects.
>
> I agree with you about the wav files! But I always liked that old
> netscape revolving logo.

Well, in this partucular situation, we have to think big.

And big means, the D logo all over Jobs Ads across The Times, several
different web sites, some of which are D related, some others like
SlashDot & Co, you name it.

A daily newspaper can't support a moving logo. Nor can Office
Stationery. Some other sites can't support a very large logo, and some
others can't support a too small logo.

So, my suggestion is to take (this young man's, I forget his name) logo
suggestion seriously, and definitely not even think about animated logos
for D.