Logo sketches for D: +1 vote

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 6 22:26:34 PDT 2006

FunkyM wrote:
> Looks like lot's of things are coming up for D now ;)
>
> Adding my "inspiriations" into the round aswell:
> http://www.sukimashita.com/d/
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to create a dsource.org forum thread and list all logo
> ideas? (Same for website layout proposals I guess as some stuff might get
> lost/forgotten)

Ok, wow.  I don't get the dolphin reference (except maybe that it starts
with "D"), but the logos in section "D" are awesome!  To be honest, I
like the first one better; feels edgy, and has a very simple outline,
but I also like the symbolism in the second one.

In fact, if you took away the red background, you'd *still* have a good,
distinctive logo.  I think it's critically important to be able to break
a logo down to its most basic black and white shapes, and still have it
recognisable (eg: faxes don't support colour, and simple two-colour
logos are more versatile).

Absolutely no offence to Gal (you do better work than I do!).

So here's a +1 vote for the fourth group of logos, with a slight
preference to the first of the two :)

	-- Daniel

--

v1sw5+8Yhw5ln4+5pr6OFma8u6+7Lw4Tm6+7l6+7D
a2Xs3MSr2e4/6+7t4TNSMb6HTOp5en5g6RAHCP    http://hackerkey.com/