D Online Presence

Olaf Pohlmann op at nospam.org
Sun May 7 09:19:55 PDT 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:
> It can be spartan, archaic, minimalistic, utilitarian, functionalist,
> whatever -- but a Professional Look is orthogonal to those attributes.

"Professional" isn't an indicator of quality but only that someone earns
money with it (or tries to). The success of Google has shown that you
still can make an impact if you focus on quality instead of what is
considered "professional". Most "professional" sites suck hard. In my
opinion many more sites should look and feel like the unprofessional
http://sqlite.org/  It's about the first impression, as you said.

op