D Online Presence

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 21:51:31 PDT 2006

Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> nick wrote:
>> Justin C Calvarese wrote:

>>> The content of is Wiki4D licensed under the Free Document License
>>> (http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FreeDocumentationLicense): "In
>>> short: you may use, copy and change them, but the origin and your
>>> changes must be transparent and you must keep their FDL status. All the
>>> details should be taken from the original document made available by the
>>> GNU organisation...".
>>
>> Fantastic; that's a green light for copying the content.
>>

> Hum, actually this could be a good opportunity to do the Wiki "Garbage
> Collection" I mentioned. Or maybe a selective copy, instead of copying
> it all, if it is at all possible.

I assume you're referring to this proposal:
http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/37414

Since a key part of Nick's proposal is to change the wiki software, I
think "selective copy" makes more sense than radical "garbage
collection". And since one of the typical complaints about Wiki4D is
stale content, I don't think that copying it all would be the best idea.

So I think "selective copy" would be the way to go.

--
jcc7