Logo sketches for D

Fredrik Olsson peylow at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:32:01 PDT 2006

Gal Tiberiu skrev:
> In article <e3pi09$1ebt$2 at digitaldaemon.com>, John Reimer says...
>
>>Gal Tiberiu wrote:
>>
>>>some more work,
>>>
>>>http://dworks.marte.ro/logo1.png
>>>http://dworks.marte.ro/logo2.png
>>>http://dworks.marte.ro/logo3.png
>>>http://dworks.marte.ro/logo5.png
>>>http://dworks.marte.ro/logo6.png
>>>

>>Gal, what software do you use to create these?  They are very good.  I
>>would like to try my hand at this stuff.
>>
>>Do you use vector based drawing software?
>>
>>-JJR
>

> this are made with ulead photoipact. It's both vector and bitmaps with lots of
> eyecandy effects.

I love your idea of the D-like symbol resembling Mars. It is a symbol
with potential to be remembered forever like Apple's apple or Atari's
fuji. It also connects D and Mars, I am myself not found of "D
Language". I can not see D take on C as a brand, as D alone it is barely
mimicking. And if you go and call it the D Language, well then you
pretty much end up with "the D Language programming language", and that
is just awkward :). I think the best name is actually "Mars D", it is
short and memorable (good for google), no problem to still call it
simply D if you like, it connects well with it's roots; Walter and
Digital Mars.

I repost my own variation of the theme.
http://peylow.no-ip.org/~peylow/marsd.png
The font sucks, I liked the one you used in the first post better but do
not know the name. I have tried to keep the colors to be discrete, and
no gradients or anything (Works in monochrome). I think the "original"
design should be ultra simple vector thingy (Like Apple's post -98
apple), and then allow for customizations depending on the media (Like
Apple using a raised metal apple-variation etc).

// Fredrik