helloworld example doesn't work

kellywilson at nowhere.com kellywilson at nowhere.com
Tue May 9 16:57:05 PDT 2006

Hey everyone,

I just tried out the helloworld example posted at
www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html

and I get this error (with dmd 0.149):

/hello.d(49): function hello.main.argspecs () does not match argument types
(char[][])
/hello.d(49): Error: expected 0 arguments, not 1

/hello.d(49): function hello.main.argspecs () does not match argument types
(char[][])
/hello.d(49): Error: expected 0 arguments, not 1

I can fix things so that they appear to run correctly (except the "argc=..."
part at the end of main(), of course) by just commenting out line 50.

Any ideas as to why it is dying with this version of the compiler? Just too old?
Or is it dying for others?

Thanks,
Kelly Wilson