D Online Presence

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 20:47:23 PDT 2006

John Reimer wrote:
> jcc7 wrote:
>> In article <e3mlq9$22mo$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, nick says...
>>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>>> --------------040005080101010903040202

>>> I liked Justin's favicon (very simple, very to the point). I just
>>> thought it could use some AA. =)
>>
>> I'm sure that someone else (probably many someone elses) can come up
>> with a
>> better icon for this than I could (and if we're lucky, many such icons
>> will be
>> donated to the cause).
>> What does "AA" stand for? Black background? I intended for mine to have a
>> transparent background, since that seems to be what most favicons do.
>>
>> jcc7
>

> Justin, I think he means Anti-Aliasing.
>
> -JJR

Now, I feel dumb. ;)

Oh, that must be what he meant, though I'd rather anti-alias against a
transparent background than a black background (if that makes any sense).

The first "AA" that I thought of was Alcoholics Anonymous (which made no
sense).

I did a little web search, but I quit looking after the first page:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=AA

I didn't think that "American Airlines" made any more sense. Finally, I
decided that he meant "Affirmative Action". So I decided he found my
"albino" background offensive and preferred to have a darker background.

--
jcc7