Help with derelict and codeblocks

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed May 10 02:31:49 PDT 2006

Jarno Tuomainen wrote:

> So, i think something else is messed up here.
>
> Ofcourse, i can build stuff in dos prompt (derelict works just fine
> there), but because i use codeblocks to write code, dropping to dos and
> compiling stuff feels bit clumsy.

I think the Derelict library uses "pragma(lib)" to
load the libraries (e.g. derelictUtil and derelictSDL)

This should work when doing a "one-pass" build/dmd from
the commandline, but when you are working with something
closer to the "Make" build analogy (like Code::Blocks does)
then it probably compiles the code in the first pass and
then links them together in a second link run. And it is
possible that this second run doesn't pick up on pragma(lib) ?

Try including the D libraries explicitly, in Code::Blocks ?
If this works OK, then you have run into this issue - which
is the same as what you get when running GDC and GNU Make.
(GDC does not support the pragma(lib), for linking libraries)

Code::Blocks uses the same model as C/C++, if that helps you.

--anders