version and debug statements

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri May 12 09:50:47 PDT 2006

Bruno Medeiros wrote:

>> For what it's worth, I chose "Posix" because it refers to the API
>> rather than to a subset of systems that support that API.  But I agree
>> that both are sufficiently general that they could be considered
>> equivalent.
>
> Are they (equivalent)? How about Cygwin which "is a DLL implementing
> most of the POSIX API on top of Windows". Does it count as Unix? How can
> this fit into D's (current or alternative) versioning scheme of things?

For GDC, Cygwin is being auto-generated just like the other "Unix" ones.
i.e. Unix = Linux | Darwin/Mac OS X | FreeBSD | Cygwin/MinGW | AIX | ...

But as far as I know Cygwin is a Linux API emulation, and thus not Unix.
It's just bundled under that version(Unix) in GDC, along with the other.

--anders